Thursday, September 2, 2021

Following up on Room 2's reading log statistics

 Kia ora my wonderful readers,

I know what you are thinking. Posting 3 days in a row is really unusual for us, but what can I say? I guess that miracles do happen. The point is, I was super excited when I first told you about our reading log statistics display; but deep down, I knew it was not perfect. I wanted more. 

I was convinced that there was a way to make our data more personalised. It took quite a bit of playing around, but then it worked! I would like to officially tell you that I have added a second page to our original report. Check it out:

On this page, you will notice that you can now access each student's individual data thanks to a drop-down list. You will be able to see how many books each participating student has read, which books have been enjoyed the most, as well as the last review that students posted. 

I would absolutely love it if you could give it a try and let us know what you think of this one. Do you find this second page useful? Remember, you can still access the first page of our report.

Before I leave you for today, I wanted to ask you something: how are you all going with your goals? Personally, as thrilled as I am with my progress on posting more frequently, I am still not 100 % convinced that I can keep it up. As a result, I think it would be best if I keep working on my goal a little bit longer. I'm sure I can do better, and not to be so on and off anymore. All of us in Room 2 would love it if you could let us know your goal is going in the comments below!

As always, I am sending lots of love and Aroha your way, and I absolutely cannot wait to hear back from you! ❤️

8 comments:

  1. Wow Room two sure are prolific readers!
    Your read so many books, it is awesome to see that Room 2 children have a love for reading, after all the more you read the more you learn.
    The top books sound like they all have interesting titles especially Bad Dad! I too might check out that story.

    Congrats on doing three blog posts in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Room 2, 156 books this lockdown that is amazing. I wonder how many books room 2 will have read by the end of lockdown? I love Miss Flo's graphs maybe you could make one of your own? Will you do a pie graph or a bar graph?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Room 2,

    Well done on reading 156 books during the lockdown! That is such an impressive number and it just goes to show how knowledgeable all of you would have become after reading so many books. All of your top ten books sound very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Room 2. Well done for reading so many books! And well done Miss Flo for finding a way to make this visible for your learners. Keep up the amazing work everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FROM MRS A @ NEW WINDSOR SCHOOL

    Malo e lelei Room 2

    Wow Room 2, all of you including Ms Flo have been very busy over this Lockdown. Keep up with all the wonderful reading you are doing.

    From Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ata marie Room 2!

    You guys are amazing with all the reading you’ve done during lockdown.. I might have to do a bit of work, I’m only up to half of one book. Oh dear!
    I love the graphs you have! It’s so easy to see which book has been read the most and which fale was reading the most.. my question tho, where’s all our Kowhai readers? If I finish my book can I add it to the Kowhai total?

    Good luck with keeping up with the blogging Room 2, you’re doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS, your drop down menu is really cool! Must be nice to have your own personalised page!

      Delete
  7. hi Room 2,
    you guys have done amazing reading during lockdown.
    you have also read 286 books altogether.
    Amazing effort to Tahseen Benny Zabeer.you guys have read heaps of books.
    I also love the Graphs that you displayed it makes it really easy to understand.
    What made you decide that you would chose these Graphs.

    Bye! :D

    ReplyDelete