Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sharing Room 2's reading log statistics

Wait, is miss Flo REALLY going to post on our class blog two days in a row?!?! That's definitely the first time that this has EVER happened. Hopefully, I'll manage to keep up with posting at least once a week... Fingers crossed! 🤞

What a stunner of a week already! Have you been outside to take a walk around your neighbourhood already? I can't wait to go outside for mine this afternoon.

Everyone knows how much I love spreadsheets and pretty graphs, but I felt like I needed a new challenge to keep me entertained over this new lockdown. I've been busy teaching myself how to use Google Data Studio, and I have figured out a way to display the data that I have been collecting with our reading log. And the best part is that this data report will keep on updating itself for as long as you all keep on filling in our reading log. Look at this, how cool!


You guys know how much I LOVE integrating subjects together, and I do think that I found the perfect way to mix reading and maths together. I am super excited about sharing this one with you all, and I can't wait to find new ways of using data studio to display our distance learning. 
I mean, it is still very much a work of progress. I would love to be able to add a filter for us to pick which Room 2's book review we want to read, but I haven't gotten that figured out quite yet. This should keep me busy over this lockdown! 🤭
If you haven't already, take a minute to add your reading of the day to our reading log. How many books can you read before the end of the week?

I hope you are all keeping well in your bubbles, and I am sending love and aroha your way. ❤️

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Great work on displaying your data Miss Flo. I can see Room 2 are a fantastic class of readers. I have been reading a few books over the last few weeks. I wonder where I would be on your reading wheel? Would be awhile before I caught up with Hussain.

    Cheryl

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora room 2!
    I hope you are all feeling safe and relaxed at home during this tough time. Well done looks like you all are doing a lot of reading at school and home. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha Miss Flo you are on a roll with your blog. In fact I'm popping back to see what innovative activity you have posted on here. I think you are on Phil's watch list as well! Let's see what you impress us with tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all your visitors Flo... you have a fan club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! super cool I love that it is super easy to see how busy the children in room 2 have been. Keep up the great work room 2. I am really impressed with how much reading is going on. Miss Flo your a super star with many skills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm impressed with the all different types of graphs your teacher showed the reading data in Room 2. Great to see Hussain and Charlie persisting with their reading. Miss Lang

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, this is SO impressive I don't know what to say. So I will just say "fantastic".

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow amazing i am very impressed with all the reading you've done.
    good job to Hussain,charlie and tahseen.
    fantastic job RM 2.
    looking foreword to seeing more on your blog.
    bye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic job RM 2.
    I Really enjoy visiting you're blog.
    Amazing job with the reading RM 2.
    keep the great work up.
    from tahseen sister.

    ReplyDelete