Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Room 2's clever mathematicians

Kia ora my wonderful readers!

As you know, Miss Flo was sick this weekend. Staying at home for the whole weekend wasn't all bad though. Sure, I haven't been able to go for a walk in my neighbourhood, but I have been able to have some fun working on a few projects. As you would have probably guessed, I had a whole lot of time to go nuts with my spreadsheets again, and I have created this lovely interactive graph about our maths learning. Woohoo, it's party time! What do you mean "not yet"? Fine, I'll wait until this post is up then. I would rather celebrate with Room 2 next time we are meeting anyway. 😉

You might think to yourself "but Miss Flo, this looks a lot like Room 2's reading log display", and you would be correct. However, with the wide variety of maths Google Forms activities available on our class site, this one took some creative thinking to get right. And you all know how much we love creativity at New Windsor School! But that's enough talking, have a look for yourself:

This one will not update itself automatically for now as I am still tweaking a few bits and bobs on it, but it also includes the work that you have sent me via email.

What do you notice? What do you wonder?

I love working on this kind of project, but do you enjoy them? If you do, let me tell you a little secret: I have a few more things in the pipeline, so make sure to stay tuned! 

How are you going with your goal? I think I am pretty on track with mine, for now, having posted two days in a row (yay, Miss Flo is back in the game!), but I think I will keep the same goal for a little bit longer. I'm sure I can do better, and I do not want to be so on and off. I'd love it if you could let Room 2 students know how your goal is going in the comments below!

As always, I am sending lots of love and Aroha your way! ❤️

4 comments:

  1. Wow room 2! I am so impressed with the 54 maths activities you have done during the lockdown. Well done to Zabeer and Caleb for completing 9 activities each! From the graph I can see, you have done plenty of statistics, well done. Ka pai Kauri fale for doing the most activities. I am really impressed with all of the graphs Miss Flo. Room 2 you are doing a great job with maths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 57 activities Room 2! You are amazing!

    It makes me super excited on how much maths you are doing Room 2. I'm intrigued by Dangerous dinosaurs? What is that? Did you find any of your work tricky?

    -Miss Laxa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Miss Flo, thank you for all your hard work displaying room 2's maths and reading work. Caleb loves looking at them each day and it motivates him to do his maths and reading to earn points for his fale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Room 2
    Wow! wow! wow! 86 maths activities already that must be a New Windsor School record. What was your favourite maths activity and why did you like doing it?

    ReplyDelete