Monday, November 8, 2021

Room 2's passion for sharing - Term 4's padlet and portfolio!

Bonjour my fantastic readers! This week is a bit of a special one for me as it is my birthday: Miss Flo is turning 106 years old! Wow, that's a lot of years. I have the most amazing news for you all today though, and I hope that it will bring some more happiness into your day as well, seeing as how this lockdown has been going on for such a long time.

As we all know, I have a strong passion for making sure that our learning is visible, and I absolutely LOVE sharing my students' work. From now on, every time a student shares their work with me via email, I will make sure to also add it to this virtual portfolio, for us all to have a look at. Children will have the chance to say a few words to present their mahi, and they will be able to access their feedback without having to ask parents for access to their mailbox. I have also added a filter so that viewers can either browse through all of Room 2's mahi, or so that they can directly look for a specific student's work. But that's enough talking from me for now, why don't you check it out for yourself?

Look at this super cool portfolio display, where Room 2's students can share the create activities that they have done throughout their learning journey:

I also have one more thing that I wanted to share with you, my wonderful readers. This term, Room 2 students have been learning to add their work to our class padlet by themselves, they no longer need me to upload their work for them. I am so so so amazed by all the digital skills they have developed throughout the year, they are all experts now.  They are even leaving some lovely comments underneath their classmates' posts!

Made with Padlet

Let me know what you think of all the mahi that Room 2's students have been sharing! 

As always, I am sending lots of love and Aroha your way, and I absolutely cannot wait to hear back from you! 💙💙💙

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing Miss Flo! Great that the kids can see all the work they've done and that their class mates have done. It's kind of like hanging it up on the wall in the classroom as if we were actually at school! Happy birthday to you too!
    From Caleb and Becs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora, happy birthday! It seems the students are doing a wonderful job on their work and it's great they can share their learning by themselves. Ka pai!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Room 2. Wow! So much awesome mahi. It's amazing that you can see what each other have been doing. If you see something cool someone else has done it might inspire you to have a go yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Room 2,
    First of Happy Birthday! Anyway I like the Little blog. Is that private only to you?

    ReplyDelete